土壤分类

Monday, June 1, 2009

The Leap Years

Never thought I would have chance to watch this movie. It's the 6thtime i travel KL Singapore with Transtar Coach, watching movies thru the personal mini LCD,  there are several movies to be selected; I browsed thru the available movie list from English to Chinese, even to foreign languages, I saw MAMA MIA, i click and enter, and then 画心, the again i click and enter, and even some lousy movies which are not able to make me remember their names.  Anyway, I do have impression of this movie (I have no idea about the movie name during that time) where i thought that male actor is Orlando Bloom from the mini tiny movie poster displayed, hehe, as both of them keep long hair.

Last weekend, there was a movie showing in Singapore local TV, named ELIZABETHTOWN, cast by Orlando Bloom and Kirsten Dunst. Wow, it's a nice movie and touched my heart, "is it that Orlando Bloom's movie i saw the poster in the transtar mini theatre??" Ok Ok, no more Elizabethtown, let's kick off my view about this movie, The Leap Years.......

"It is not the stars to hold our destiny, but in ourselves

                                                                                    ~ William Shakespeare"

Honestly, while watching, i did ask myself, is there any Li-Ann's type girl exist in this world?  Anyway, I tell myself, Giap, it's just a movie. This movie tells a girl who is celebrating her birthday on every 29 February which only falls on every leap year; so while she celebrates her six years old birthday (24), she met this guy, Jeremy, i can say that both of them fell in love after the first date. Anyway, this guy, Jeremy needed to leave after their first date without informing Li-Ann why he had to; andof course, as girl, Li-Ann didn't find herself an answer as well for this doubt. Anyway, they have a date to meet every 29 February (4 years, my friend, can you do it? can you wait??)

"Coincidence is God's way of remaining anonymous

                                                                                            ~ Albert Einstein"

The 2nd and 3rd leap years story line make me conclude that,  with our partner, we need to listen when anyone initiates a communication environment which make us feel that "he/she got something to tell me".  So you must tell yourself "I have to listen"; Li-Ann shall listen to What Jeremy wish to tell after they did that, anyway, from a girl's view, i do understand why she don't want to listen to further explanation from Jeremy when Jeremy told here he got a little girls aged 2, as it hurts; For the 3rd leap years, Li-Ann know herself still cannot let Jeremy goes, else she won't drive pass the coffee shop where they date to meet as usual.  And she told him she is married, and this time really hurt Jeremy, and again, Li-Ann just walked away, although Jeremy want to explain more to her....(Li-Ann, it wastes another 4 years of your youth).

"A person often meets his destiny on the road he took to avoid it

                                                                                      ~Jean de La Fantaine"

Li-Ann getting married on the 4thleap years after she met Jeremy, with a guy name Raymond, (pity Raymond) especially that moment KS read out loud the Jeremy's love letter to Li-Ann thru the PA system. Finally at the coffee shop again, Jeremy used the same way as first time Li-Ann dated him. It's touching and honestly i got drop something from my eyes...(maybe it let me think of something and someone).

"In three words, i can sum up everything I've learnt about life: It goes on

                                                                                             ~Robert Frost"

Movie ends when Li-Ann and Jeremy turns to 48, where Jeremy is coma and wake up again on 29 February of their 7th leap years, that moment Li-Ann wrote the "OK?" on the mirror touched my heart again (Joan Chen really did well in this scene)....there will be one day in the future, our love one will go, we hardly predict who will leave first anyway, now i understand there is a saying that, if you love someone much, you will wish for her/him to leave first when both of you are old.

"If you are not too long, i will wait for you all my life

                                                                                                ~Oscar Wilde"

Lastly, i admit i m not good in writing blog in English, there is some reason why i do so. Anyway, do find chance to watch this movie, or at least visit the official website as below:



http://www.mediacorpraintree.com/tly/

Do love before you regret, you might not be Li-Ann or Jeremy, but you must be yourself to love...

2 comments:

  1. "The leap years", it is off reality. I felt more burden in such story than romantic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't see any of the thing you wrote but I was surprise you wrote in english :)

    But as working for almost two years, many things have change. But as I told you MSN, MUST go to watch Okuribito/Departures!!!

    I don't know why the movie hit ME so hard. If you ask ME to watch this movie during Uni time, I think I won't/can't feel the things the movie telling to tell. haha, sound like I already old (but the true is I not even work more than 2 years).

    Since you haven't watch the movie, i can't share more with you. But if can, hope you have chance to watch it on cinema.

    The story, may be I feel so touch is because he find the meaning of the job even everyone "look down" to the job. But the main character manage to find the maening of this job, how he value the job, how he appreciate the job, how he put effort into the job as seem like only him alone (of cos also his boss) know the meaning of the job. What will the job bring to the family member (the pass away person's family).

    Of cos, sure jeoleous for him have a such a supportive wife :)
    What men don't wish to have such kind of wife :)
    but since you haven't see the movie, really can't express the feeling toward this character. But as conclusion, this kind of wife, may doesn't exist anymore in this real world :'(

    The music play an important part for the movie. Now also listening to the music while taiping this command.

    And the last part of the movie, how he handle the pass away people. the last scene of the movie, that's what I feel the most meaningful for the movie although my friend didn't feel anything :p but for ME its really mean a lot :) as you haven't see the movie yet...I can't share the feeling with you la :'(

    Anyway, deeply hope you will enjoy this movie as I didn't expect it will be so nice and hit my feeling. I SURE will watch this movie again, & again, & again & again & again& again & again & again & again...but for SURE I'll watch it over and over again :)


    And would like to apolozige for giving so many non relevant command :p

    But hope everyone that have see or not see this email will go to watch this movie and will enjoy the spirit of the movie :)

    Lastly, hope everyone will find their purpose of living :) CHEERS!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...